Last summer Zealous Good team member, Laura, started a donor interview series on the blog. When Laura left, the interview series went with her. This summer we’re reviving and revamping Laura’s concept so you can get to know the people behind the donations. Today, we’re talking to Dan Monico, a super donor who donated two batches of clothes and shoes and a Sony PlayStation 2 to St. Vincent de Paul Center and a load of about 70 books to RML Specialty Hospital.
1. Tell me about yourself/your job?
I am a 28 year old law student. I am a native of Chicago.
2. How did you hear about Zealous Good?
I went to college with Brittany’s husband Jerry and have been friends with the two of them for years.
3. Why did you decide to use Zealous Good to donate your item(s)?
I used Zealous Good because I knew that I wasn’t going to use the items anymore, so I wanted them to go to a good home.
4. What is your favorite part about Zealous Good?
My favorite part about Zealous Good is that it enables me to give my goods to an organization who can put them to good use.
5. What’s your favorite spot to find peace and quiet in Chicago?
6. Who is your do-gooder role model?
My Do-Gooder role model is Brittany Martin Graunke.
7. Deep dish or thin crust?
Deep dish. Duh.
If you have donated through Zealous Good and would like to answer 7 Good Questions email Ali at email@example.com! We love to hear good answers!