This weekend I learned:
- I am capable of wielding power tools. There is nothing to fear.
- Never lose my bike lock key again.
- We have a really supportive and hilarious community. Thanks for spreading the word, guys.
- A degree in writing might not have been a bad choice, after all.
- Brand new Pilsen joint Del Toro brings the heat. (Unsponsored shout out, you guys! I just really love tacos.)
CRI assists deserving high school graduates in pursuit of higher-education degrees through scholarships and acknowledges hardworking teachers through classroom funding. CRI seeks to reward academic talent and excellence by providing needed monetary resources. We aim to provide at least two scholarships to a college-bound student and high school teacher from the west suburban Cook County area by the end of 2012.
CRI was formed by a group of high-school friends who wanted to make a positive contribution to west-suburban Chicago communities that continue to struggle academically. Thus, CRI provides needed financial support to individuals to help them pursue their career goals. The ideal candidates for our scholarships exhibit talent, excellence, and need.
Do you have services or goods that can be used as silent auction prizes? Awesome! Let us know. You’ll be helping to raise funds that will go directly toward a deserving human being’s education. Perhaps a TV or a phone you no longer use – CRI can give it to a college-bound student who will be embarking on an important new chapter in his life in 2012. Check out the Common Roots Initiative wish list, and let us know if you have any items to donate!