Charity is a serious business. Our nonprofit partners work tirelessly around the clock to make sure that the needy and under-privileged residents of Chicago receive the support they deserve and need. In addition, our donors are a selfless bunch, giving up their possessions and free time to help those in need make a better life for themselves. As a small thank-you, the Zealous Good team compiled a list of our favorite jokes to provide a few smiles and chuckles this Friday. We hope you enjoy them! Let the laughter commence!
1. There’s two fish in a tank, and one says ”How do you drive this thing?” (From Stephanie)
2. I broke up with my gym. We were just not working out. (from @funnyoneliners)
3. What did Sushi A say to Sushi B?
“Wasabi!” [Pronounced "WHAAASSSSUUUPP B!"]
4. A: “Are you an organ donor?”
B: “No, but last year I gave my old piano to a local elementary school.”
5. Three guys, stranded on a desert island, find a magic lantern containing a genie, who grants them each one wish. The first guy wishes he was off the island and back home. The second guy wishes the same. The third guy says “I’m lonely. I wish my friends were back here.” (From Denny)
6. One of the ‘World’s Strongest Man’ events should be “Pulling apart two shopping carts that are stuck together. (from @funnyoneliners)
7. These two peanuts were walking down the street, and one was assaulted! (From Morgan)
8. I think in-kind donations are awesome, but it the term somewhat redundant. After all, what kind of person would donate in-mean? (From Kevin)
9. Did you know that dolphins are so smart that, within weeks, they can train humans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw fish at them?
10. How do you catch a unique bird?
U-neak up on it. (From Renee)
11. Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl when it goes to the bathroom?
Their p is silent!
We hope that helped put a smile on your face this Friday! Have any jokes of your own? Submit them in our comments section to keep the laughs rolling (we enforce a strict PG-13 rating, though). In addition, please direct all your laughter and thrown tomatoes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kevin Binder is a 2013 summer marketing intern at Zealous Good, an in-kind donations marketplace in Chicago. You can find him on Google+ or find Zealous Good on Facebook or on Twitter at @ZealousGood.