It’s a beautiful Monday. Let’s take a moment to welcome ourselves to our week, to welcome each other, to watch Whitney Houston sing “Greatest Love of All,” and, finally, to welcome new partner Ravenswood Community Child Care Center to Zealous Good!
RC4 grew from a meeting of community leaders in the Ravenswood neighborhood who wanted to ensure the support and safety of their local families. Fourteen years later, RC4 offers comprehensive support to teenage parents in addition to their child care and childhood education programs that utilize the Creative Curriculum.
More about RC4:
The mission of Ravenswood Community Child Care Center is to provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment for the children and families enrolled here. Specifically, the early childhood staff seeks:
- to teach children to respect themselves, others and their environment
- to provide a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment
- to provide for all areas of a child’s development
- to further the mission of the church with regard to teen parents and their efforts at completing high school
- to develop creativity and critical thinking skills in children
- to provide for children’s social and emotional development
- to provide opportunities for staff to grow through professional development
- to extend ourselves outside of the educational realm and into the community to collaborate with families
- to provide resources for parents as needed as well as child development information
- to enable administration to act as a support system for parents and staff
Through a growing sense of community within the child care center, families will leave with an increased support network of other families, as well as knowledge about ways in which children learn, what can be expected at various developmental stages of growth, and how to navigate the Chicago Public School system for the benefit of their child.