Zealous Good is looking for rock star Summer Interns to join our Chicago team. Are you interested in joining a growing startup team, making the world a better place, and having fun all at the same time? If you answered “yes,” we want to hear from you! Apply for one of our four available positions. Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So who are we? Zealous Good is a social enterprise that connects people and companies with extra items to local non-profits
in need. We’ve been featured in NBC Chicago, Mashable, Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Sun Times, and RedEye to name a few and we’re a growing startup. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in gaining real world experience with social impact, start-ups, non-profits, and generally making the world a better place.
This internship will entail great experience and real responsibilities. We give our interns real projects and hold them accountable for completing them. We’re a young, entrepreneurial team that strives to make the world a better place, while also having fun!
Also, please note these positions are unpaid. We offer course credit for those whose schools accept internship credits.
Now we want to know who you are! We’re looking for the best of the best so please only apply if you think you’ve got what it takes. We’re hiring for the following positions: Marketing & PR Intern, Operations Intern, Non-profit Outreach Intern and Photography Intern. Details below!
Marketing & PR Intern:
We are looking for a marketing intern to help us execute our marketing strategy. The position will involve researching, meeting new contacts, developing relationships, helping our team create awesome content, and working on marketing campaigns. Additionally, the Marketing and PR Intern will develop and maintain our PR strategy, make PR contacts and use them to get us press, and work with our team to create buzz about Zealous Good everywhere!
- Help develop and implement marketing and strategic partnerships
- Improve, develop and track Zealous Good newsletter
- Develop and maintain print and digital media contacts
- Understand our brand and create buzz about us everywhere you go
- Work with our team to create awesome marketing campaigns
We are looking for an Operations Intern to help ensure our users have the best experience. The position requires consistent contact with our users, solving any issues that arise, and helping us with our corporate donations process. The ideal candidate will be able to self organize, think outside the box, and solve different problems – from technical problems to communication issues – everyday.
- Work with the team to solve user issues
- Execute and improve upon donation submission process for corporate donations
- Anticipate potential user issues and clear roadblocks ahead of time
- Help to improve user experience of the Zealous Good website
Non-profit Outreach Intern
We are looking for a non-profit outreach intern to help recruit non-profits to visit and participate on the website. The Non-profit Outreach Intern will oversee all our outreach, recruitment, partnerships and sales with non-profits. This will involve developing and enacting our strategy, being the point of contact for both non-profits and team members, maintaining an organized and up-to-date progress report on outreach, and tracking the success of outreach!
- Build great relationships with non-profits in the Chicagoland area
- Reach out to non-profits across Chicago and surrounding suburbs
- Develop strategies for effectively communicating the mission and value of Zealous Good
We are looking for a photography intern to help tell Zealous Good stories through photos and video. This position requires a creative eye and the ability to travel around the city of Chicago documenting different donations, charities, and Chicago happenings. This can be a part-time position
- Travel the city and take photos of Zealous Good events
- Work directly with the Zealous Good team to add the photos and videos to website content
- Help tell stories through photos and video
- Have fun being the eyes of Zealous Good!
- Must be able to complete assignments on time and work responsibly with the rest of the team
- Be a team player and self starter
- Be prepared to have jokes on hand for meetings (we like blonde jokes, bar jokes, and anything that deserves a rimshot)
- Be passionate and motivated!
To apply, email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing why you want to work at Zealous Good and why the position really excites you!
Brittany Martin Graunke is the founder of Zealous Good, an in-kind donations marketplace in Chicago. You can find Brittany on Google+ or on Twitter at @ZealousBrittany. You can find Zealous Good on Facebook and Zealous Good on Twitter at @ZealousGood.