Zealous Good is looking for rock star Summer Interns to join our Chicago team. Are you interested in joining a growing startup team, making the world a better place and having fun all at the same time? Yes, you say? Well then apply for one of the four available positions! Simply send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for the job and Zealous Good to email@example.com.
You want to know who we are? Glad you asked! Zealous Good is a social enterprise that connects people and companies with extra items to local non-profits in need. We’ve been featured in Crain’s Chicago Business, Chicago Sun Times, and RedEye to name a few and we’re a growing startup. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone interested in gaining real world experience, social impact, start-ups, non-profits, and generally making the world a better place.
This internship will entail great experience and real responsibilities. We give our interns real projects and hold them accountable for completing them…. but we also have fun while working. We’re a young, entrepreneurial team and have fun while we make the world a better place.
Also, please note these positions are unpaid. We offer course credit for those whose schools accept internship credits and we also have bonus opportunities throughout the internship.
Now we want to know who you are! Check out the positions below and apply if you’re interested! We’re looking for the best of the best so please apply if you think you’ve got what it takes! We’re hiring for the following positions: Public Relations Intern, SEO/Marketing Intern, Customer Service/User Experience Intern, and Project Management Intern. Details below!
Public Relations Intern:
We are looking for a Public Relations Intern to run our public relations campaign. The Public Relations Intern will develop and maintain our PR strategy, make PR contacts and use them to get us press, work with our team to create buzz about Zealous Good everywhere!
- Develop and maintain print and digital media contacts
- Understand our brand and create buzz about us everywhere you go
- Work with our team to create content and develop our PR strategy
- Attend events representing Zealous Good – and make friends!
We are looking for a SEO intern to develop and maintain our search engine optimization strategy. The position will involve editing our site, helping our tem create awesome content, and working on marketing campaigns. You will be working directly with our founder and marketing team.
- Develop/evaluate SEO (search engine optimization) strategy
- Update Zealous Good website and blog SEO
- Work with our team to create awesome, search engine friendly marketing campaigns
Customer Service / User Experience Intern
We are looking for a Customer Service Intern to help ensure that our users have a better experience than they could ever imagine. The position would entail consistent contact with our users, solving any issues that arise, and helping us develop our customer service program. The ideal candidate will be able to self organize, think outside the box, and solve different problems – from technical problems to communication issues – everyday.
- Work with the team to solve user issues
- Respond to user emails and calls
- Anticipate potential user issues and clear roadblocks ahead of time
- Help to improve user experience of the Zealous Good website
Project Management Intern
We are looking for a Project Management Intern to help run our summer marketing campaign and other projects. The Project Management Intern will oversee our summer projects. For each project, this will involve developing and enacting our project strategy, being the point of contact for both users and team members, maintaining an organized and up-to-date project schedule and anything else that the project might require!
- Develop and enact project strategy.
- Create and maintain project schedule.
- Be point of contact for all project matters.
- Must be able to complete assignments on time and work responsibly with the rest of the team
- Be an awesome team player and self starter
- Be prepared to have jokes on hand for meetings (we like blond jokes, bar jokes, and anything that deserves a rimshot)
- Be super passionate and motivated!
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter detailing why you want to work at Zealous Good and why the position itself really excites you!
Brittany Martin Graunke is the founder of Zealous Good, an in-kind donations marketplace in Chicago. You can find Brittany on Google+ or on Twitter at @ZealousBrittany. You can find Zealous Good on Facebook and Zealous Good on Twitter at @ZealousGood.